Internet Banking Security According to GTBank
- July 30, 2015
Please note the following:
- Never login to GTBank internet banking through a link from your email, even if the email appears to have been sent from GTBank. Type the web address in yourself.
- The beginning of your internet banking page address will change from ‘http’ to ‘https’ when a secure connection is made.
- Be wary of any unexpected pop-ups that appear during your online banking session as our software doesn’t allow external pop-ups.
- Subscribe to SMS alert to view each transaction in real time. If you receive an alert for a transaction you didn’t initiate or authorise contact GTConnect immediately.
- Fraudsters sometimes try to trick people into making a real payment by claiming “it’s just a test”, don’t fall for it.
- Make sure your contact details with the Bank are up-to-date so you can receive SMS alerts on your mobile devices.
- Never give anyone your login details in full either by email or over the phone. GTBank will never request these from you. The login pages of our Internet Banking are secured through an encryption process, so a locked padlock or unbroken key symbol should appear in your browser window when accessing your GTBank Login page.
Please, also note that GTBank, its staff or agents will never call or send you an email to request any of your passwords, token generated codes, card details or Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Credit: GTBank Newsletter
Globasure is a provider of simple, smart payment solutions.
More from our blogSee all posts
The future of digital banking is exciting! As more people use their…
Even though there was a global economic heartbreak that went on last…
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) last Wednesday announced that it would…
The tech world is still grappling with this week’s announcement of Twitter’s…
The industry is growing at such a rapid pace that the laws…
Female 'techpreneurs' are taking their place in Africa's male-dominated fintech boom, but…
In Africa, South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya have the three most developed…
The Giant of Africa isn’t giant when it come to Fintech in…
- Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning In Digital Banking March 7, 2023
- Top 10 Nigerian Tech Deals That Made The News In 2022 January 9, 2023
- 10 Changes Made To Nigeria’s Currency Since Independence October 31, 2022
All Website Tags
Access bank agency banking algorithms anchor text art back-links bill paymet bitcoin branding cashless cashless policy cbn Central Bank of Nigeria Chris Ife content coronavirus corporate corporate messaging credibility dream-theme eNaira fast track banking Fintech flat Giftcard gift cards Giftoga globasure globasure smart roaming GlosoftPOS Godwin Emefiele GROAM gtbank ingenico nibss nigeria payalat roaming SIM seo strategy ServPoint stamp duty themeforest VAT VAT Increase wordpress
Leave a Comment cancel
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.